What Is a Heat Pump?
A heat pump is an innovative heating system that offers an energy-efficient solution to keep your home warm during the winter and cool in the summer. Unlike traditional heating systems, a heat pump does not generate heat. Instead, it moves heat from one place to another to create a comfortable indoor temperature. With electric-powered heat pumps becoming more affordable and reliable, they have quickly become popular for homeowners looking to save money on their energy bills while reducing their carbon footprint.
If you want to install this type of system on your property or need repairs or maintenance for an existing unit, contact Patriot Heating & A/C. We are Shawnee’s reliable, 24-hour heating and cooling experts.
While heat pumps are an excellent option for all kinds of homes in Kansas and Missouri, there are still some considerations you ought to make to ensure it is the right fit for you.
- Size: You ought to account for the size of your property when choosing a heat pump. By doing this, you can be confident that your unit will have the capacity to keep your indoor spaces comfortable.
- Heat Pump Type: There are multiple heat pump varieties, such as air-source, ground-source, and hybrid. Air-source systems are relatively more affordable and work well in climates like ours. Ground-source units are more expensive upfront, but their efficiency can cut energy costs in the long run. Hybrid heat pumps are essentially an air-source unit and gas furnace in one. They optimize energy use by switching between the two.
- Energy Efficiency: With the right heat pump, you can save money on your monthly energy bills. To determine which system will be the most energy-efficient, look for its SEER2 rating. The minimum allowable SEER2 rating is 14.3. Many consider those with a rating beyond 17 to be highly efficient.
Making the above considerations can be tricky to do on your own. Do not worry! We are here to help. A member of our expert team would gladly walk you through them. All you have to do is contact us to get started with our Shawnee heat pump installation services. We can also discuss our flexible financing options.
Property owners should be sure to take care of their heating and cooling systems. Heat pumps are no exception. Do you know when to call for heat pump repair or maintenance? We have you covered!
Reach out to us when:
- It is time for a maintenance check-up. Typically, it is best to have a professional service your heat pump at least once a year. Doing so can help you get ahead of big problems and keep your system working at its best.
- Your heat pump’s performance has decreased. Lowered heating or cooling capacity, uneven temperatures, or strange noises from your unit indicate this.
- Your energy bill spikes. Whether gradual or sudden, an increase in your heating or cooling costs could result from a fault in your heat pump.
- The temperatures drop, and your system freezes. Should your heat pump develop ice on its coils or the unit itself, there is a problem with its defrosting mechanism or airflow.
- Your heat pump is leaking or emitting strange odors. Calling a professional to locate, assess, and address these issues promptly is essential for the health of your heat pump and indoor environment.
At Patriot Heating & A/C, we are available around the clock and can schedule same-day appointments. If you need heat pump maintenance or repairs in Shawnee, you will not have to wait long with us.
“Here, I felt like I was dealing with professionals who cared about the quality, integrity, and longevity of their work as I do.”- Adrienne G.
“They replaced my water heater and sump pumps. They did such a great job!”- Cindy W.
“The owner, Jake, really took the time to explain to us our options on repairing/ replacing. He was very knowledgeable and respectful.”- Denise K.
“Patriot offered better prices for the same exact name-brand units and SEER rating as well-known companies in the area. Jake, the company owner, was prompt and arrived with, and worked with his crew--leadership at its best!”- Andrew J.
“From reviewing options in a no-pressure environment to the selection, to the speed and ease of installation - these guys are top-notch and will have my business for years!”- Brad W.
Learn how our maintenance plan can help you.Service Plan